Wednesday, March 19, 2008

If You Want to Write...

Get Ideas By Taking This Simple Quiz!

1. When I say, "Abortion," you say
a. MURDER
b. Woman's non-existent right
c. Noun, meaning "the act of aborting"

2. When I say, "Skateboards are stupid," you say
a. Totally
b. Completely
c. I love you, Gabrielle

3. I say, "Who cares about Africa?
a. Right on, girl.
b. Duh!
c. What's Africa?

4. "Global Warming..."
a. Will it make me popcorn?
b. CLIMATE IMPROVEMENT, heLLO
c. Whales, shmales.

5. Teenagers should be locked up forever.
a. There is only one answer.

Ok, ok. I chose a few controversial issues and gave a few controversial answers... heehee. But what would it feel like to only have one thing to say? To live in a horrible, Soviet-esque world where there is no opinion available other than the mass-marketed one? Writers like Upton Sinclair (check out www.writersdigest.com/writersperspective for a great clip of an essay he wrote) and Dosteovsky (I know, I probably spelled it wrong) and so many others fought to say what was true. That's inspiring.

1 comment:

orb28 said...

So true! We're lucky to live in a place where we can post nearly anything we want to our blogs -- having a voice, and an audience, for our truth is so important. One of the best things about the internet is that it allows many ideas to reach many people -- now there's no "waiting to get published" if you have something to say!