Friday, September 26, 2008

The One-Month Checker Upper

So, school's been going on for about a month. Grades are decent, stress is maximizing, but how's your writing? My book was on standstill for a good two weeks before my laptop was returned, and I'm still working slowly on freelancing. However, here are some questions to ask yourself.
  1. Where am I on my Long-Term Goals list?
  2. What short-term piece (article, short story, poem, essay) am I writing right now?
  3. When was the last time I got published?
  4. What do I have due to editors?
  5. What's a new market I've been trying to break into and when's their next deadline?

There's no report card for writing except for your resume, and resumes don't usually call to make sure you've done your homework. Keep yourself up to task.

No comments: