Saturday, July 12, 2008

I Have Returned

I've just noticed what an odd word back is and so switched the post title. Yes, I have returned from the nannying job which took me away from my beloved computer and blogs. Things of note:

As Kathy over at www.irreverentfreelancer.blogspot.com wrote, you're never in demand more than when you're not available. I should go away more often!

When you only pack three books for five days, always choose anthologies. I brought This is Push and The Best Women's Travel Writing 2007 as well as the excellent Margaux with an X by Ron Koertge. I reread all of them at least once.

Always overpack. This is the first trip I haven't done so and suffered for it. Why is summer so hot?

A fantastic new issue of Innovative is about to spring forth upon you, because I was able to do most of the work beforehand! "Fasten your seatbelts, kids, it's going to be a bumpy night." Oh, Bette Davis and Augie Hwong.

No comments: