Sunday, July 29, 2007

Anyone Want "The Basics of Submission"??

Hey! Something's funky with the comments, or I'd post there. I know the world of writing submissions is CRAZY and confusing, but I also know that if you can master the basics, it becomes a cinch. OK, not a cinch, but much easier to understand. (I still get reprimanded for forgetting to double-space everything.)

I could do a Submissions 101 post, where I walk everybody through the complete process, including looking for a magazine. Anybody interested?? I wouldn't mind doing it at all. Or we could do it as part of the regular Innovative WORD and just bump "The Balancing Act" down a week. Feedback, people, feedback. Majority will win.

6 comments:

Madeline said...

yes. i vote for the basics! not that i think ill ever be published, but i still think it would be useful. who knows maybe with all my free time this year, ill actually try.
btw the comments isnt working still

Madeline said...

yes. i vote for the basics! not that i think ill ever be published, but i still think it would be useful. who knows maybe with all my free time this year, ill actually try.

Madeline said...

ack it just deleted my comment! in short, i would much enjoy the basics of submissions

Gabrielle said...

Hmm... I'm thinking of doing "Balancing Act" in 3 parts: Why, How, and More How. We'll see. Yeah, I don't know what's up with the commenting thing. I'll re-examine my settings.

Anonymous said...

I'm a teen's mom and I think it would be great to do the basics. We know nothing about that stuff!

Gabrielle said...

OK, then, I'll start it as Part 1 of "The Balancing Act" and walk everyone through submitting a piece to a magazine. :D Hope everyone enjoys it.