Saturday, June 7, 2008

Ooh, Let's Talk about Summer Plans!

Some highly organized readers may question the, ahem, spontaneity of recent posting. Have no fear! School is almost over and thus so will my normal social life, meaning I will only have my computer to comfort me and there will be plenty of posts. Some things, in particular, will be blossoming:

Freelance Writing Camp: The Most Productive Camp You've Ever Signed Up For. Writing camps in general are nonproductive. You sit, you listen to somebody ranting against adverbs, nothing gets published. However, you have never been to one of MY writing camps. MY writing camps are when you block out several hours of your summer days and write. You have a list of publications, deadlines, and you don't get to eat cookies until the queries are out. And forget about s'mores and campfire songs.

I'll be live-blogging, I'll be giving examples and success stories, we will have theme songs and Youtube breaks. What with school-year craziness, the summer is the best time to "catch up" with your writing. Don't let these frivolous hours go to waste!

Famous Author Profiles. Who was an editor at Mademoiselle in college? What Southern author broke into publication at fifteen (trick question: they ALL did)?

The Writing Workshop. That fun thing we did the other day? Still coming.

And of course, I am always open to suggestions.

No comments: